And the winner is...

No, I didn't win an Oscar - I wasn't even up for one.
But I did have 3 young people in one of the congregations yesterday, and so adapted the sermon a bit as I went along to make it more immediate for a younger age-range. I think it's really important that if young people are in the congregation they feel included but not patronised and that is what I was aiming at (it helped that i already had the 'dead donkey' reference in there!). As I left the church (to go off to the third service of the morning) the dad of the family said to me 'my daughter is too shy to say but thought the sermon was really good'. I asked him to say thank you for the feedback.
Sometimes it all feels worthwhile!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Guidance

Abraham and Isaac - a good question!

Epiphany 2: Nathanael... & Jacob