Pentecost

Among all the pyrotechnics of the events of the day of Pentecost, the lectionary also has us listen to Jesus' promise of the spirit in John's gospel:
John 15:26-27; 16:4b-15

I was very struck by this part of what Jesus says:
'And when he comes, he will prove the world wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: about sin, because they do not believe in me; about righteousness, because I am going to the Father and you will see me no longer; about judgment, because the ruler of this world has been condemned.'

If there's time this week (and I am beset by funerals) I would like to think more about how the Spirit helps us makes sense of this world and of God's place in it...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Guidance

Abraham and Isaac - a good question!

Epiphany 2: Nathanael... & Jacob