Pentecost's coming!

This year we have a joint service for seven churches on the morning of Pentecost - I'm presiding and my colleague is preaching.
So no sermon AGAIN!
Ah but I am preaching at an evensong service in the evening.
The readings are:
Exodus 33.7-20 and 2 Corinthians 3.4-end.

Moses meeting with God in the 'tent of meeting' and then Paul's rather odd teaching about the new dispensation, in which we don't need to veil our faces before God.
I think I want somehow to look at our experiences of meeting God - in the dramatic coming of the spirit and in other ways - to ask what veils God for us, how we can remove the veil, how we can reflect the glory...
Not an easy preach - and to a Cambridge college, so there's always the 'what is someone like me doing here' factor to contend with.
*sigh*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Guidance

Abraham and Isaac - a good question!

Epiphany 2: Nathanael... & Jacob