September 21st

With this week's two funerals now done I can turn my thoughts to this week's readings!

They are
Jonah 3: 10 - 4:11 the bit where God has pity on Nineveh & Jonah gets the hump!
Philipians 1: 21-30
Matthew 20:1-16 The parable of the workers in the vineyard

The clear link to me seems to be a feeling of 'it;s not fair!' - why should God forgive Nineveh - why should the owner pay his workers the same, being generous to the last to come in - why should God love a rascal as much as a God-fearing Christian.
Why should God love me just as much when I'm being a twerp as when I'm having a good day?
Why? - because he's God, and he loves us. All. Always.
Good News!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Guidance

Abraham and Isaac - a good question!

Epiphany 2: Nathanael... & Jacob