A right strawy epistle !

Well that was what Martin Luther thought of James. But I think this week I'm going to go with the reading from it (James 1: 17-27) as my main text.

I love the 'every generous act of giving,  every perfect gift is from above' start. The idea of living as creatures of grace: yet James doesn't let us get away with sitting back and letting God do all the work 'be doers of the word, not simply hearers of it'.

As I feel poised between holiday & another 'academic year' James feels just right to me...
more thoughts to follow.

Comments

Crimson Rambler said…
not preaching this week -- but I'd love to tackle "Your anger does not work the righteousness of God..." -- if not now, when? blessings on your preaching on Sunday!

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Guidance

Abraham and Isaac - a good question!

Spring IS coming!