Christ the King

Readings for this week include:
Ezekiel 34:11-16, 20-24 and
Matthew 25:31-4

Perhaps because I've been looking at the Matthew for the last few weeks, I'm particularly struck by the Ezekiel passage. Three times we find the phrase, in the words spoken by the Lord God 'I myself..'.
I myself will search for my sheep
I myself will be the shepherd of my sheep
I myself will judge between the fat sheep and the lean sheep.

The theme of judgement is of course taken up in the parable, too. But I think I want to focus on Christ as God incarnate - God as 'I myself'.
Christ's care for the sheep - the good shepherd who searches & tends.
& then Christ's demand, as King, that we act as those who live by his rules - searching, caring, tending, for the lost sheep of our world.

Comments

canoewolf said…
I've been struck too by the here and now rather than just 'the future'. Seems to me that stuff like the 'occupy' campaign demand us to make comments/judgements now, standing up for the oppressed, rather than 'just' leaving it to the final judgement of the King

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Guidance

Abraham and Isaac - a good question!

Epiphany 2: Nathanael... & Jacob